HISTORY | PRINCIPLES | MOVEMENT | SOURCES
*Content in progress---------------------------
Principles of Slow Fashion:
Deterrence is a crucial practice in slow fashion. The elimination of a false sense of need for excessive purchasing is an empowering act. This shift in global consumer behaviour can redirect the industry climate sustainably.
Sources and further reading
- Fashion Revolution - We love fashion, but we don't want our clothes to come at the cost of people or our planet. Why do we need a fashion revolution?
- Circular Fashion - Sustainable change agency creating product and system innovation for a circular economy
- Hubbub - Aims to fill this void by promoting on-going behaviour change and creatively using street architecture to positively engage people
- The Higg Index - Is a suite of tools that enable brands, retailers and facilities of all sizes - at every stage in their sustainability journey - to accurately measure and score a company or product's sustainability performance
- Sustainable Apparel Coalition - The apparel, footwear and textile industry's leading alliance for sustainable production