P R O D U C T C A R E Below are our recommended care guidelines. We strongly advise consulting professional repair and restoration agencies for better results. In addition, having a good understanding of specific needs (ie disinfecting and alterations) is important when considering sustainable alternatives in product care.
Our products go through basic repair, restoration and cleaning that meet our standards of quality for our valued customers. We recommend additional measures to extend the life of your purchases.
A P P A R E L - ALTERATIONS Size guidelines are the base measurements to gauge the fit of all our vintage and reclaimed products but, since most of the items come from varied eras, silhouette measures can vary greatly. Because of this, it is a common practice to apply minor alterations and even rework some of our products. Some ways to enhance your vintage purchase are by applying the following:
- Length adjustments
- Restyling - Reversing, Pining, Pegging, Synching, Embellishments
More complex alterations like resizing and adjusting items with lining should be brought to a specialist.
A P P A R E L - WASH, MAINTENANCE, STORAGE We highly suggest bio-safe detergents as they're gentler on textiles. The key to quality washing is spot treating and better care the minimizes the need for more intensified wash processes. As it is important to follow garment care tags suggestions. The general guideline below is in support of items without tags.
- Blends: Cool/Hot wash & air dry, low maintenance
- Cotton: Cool/Hot wash & air dry, low maintenance
- Satin: Handwash warm & air dry, hang or soft fold separate from hard textured fabric in cool dry space
- Silk: Handwash warm & air dry, hang or soft fold separate from hard textured fabric in cool dry space
- Synthetic: Cool/warm wash & air dry, low maintenance
- Leather: Leather cleaner & conditioner wish spot wash, Condition in cool dry space
- Linens: Cool wash & air dry, Hang or soft fold in cool dry space
- Velvet: Hand wash & air dry, Soft fold in cool dry space
- Wool: Handwash & air dry, Soft fold in cool dry space
A C C E S S O R I E S - STORAGE We highly recommend having professional jewellery cleaners to restore your items, if you see fit. Otherwise, a gentle soft cloth may be used to gently buff and clean. Keep jewellery away from direct water.
H O M E We highly recommend having professional cleaners to restore your items, if you see fit. Otherwise, a gentle soft cloth may be used to gently buff and clean. Below are some links to our blogs that discusses in depth the procedures we use to renew home products.
Links coming soon